How To Know Your Home Is Carbon Monoxide Safe

It seems as the years pass we find more and more chemicals that can harm our families without us realizing it. It is better to be safe and make sure we are keeping these things out of our home where our kids play and laugh everyday. Our kids are the future and we all want them to grow up to be wonderful parents. Therefore, you need to know how to make sure you home is carbon monoxide safe.

Our kids are always on our minds, that is why when they are small we lock the cabinets with safety locks to keep them out of the cleaning supplies and medications, among other things. However, what can you do about something you can’t see, smell, or taste?

Carbon monoxide is one of the most deadly poisons in the US and the most common. It is produced by fuels like natural gas, propane, or wood. Many products that are in your home produce carbon monoxide. Appliances, gas water heaters, ovens, and furnaces are some of those items.

These gases can affect anyone in your home but are more dangerous with the young, old, and terminally ill with lung problems. Symptoms can include: headaches, dizziness, and nausea. The best way to know what is in the air of your home and what your kids are breathing everyday and night, is to install a carbon monoxide detector. You can put these in your hallways, living areas, and bedrooms. It will help you know that your kids are safe from these deadly gases.

They are installed just like you would a smoke detector. Should the detector go off, check everyone in your home to make sure they are okay. Open windows to ventilate the house and get fresh air in the home. Then call someone to examine your home for the cause of the deadly gases. If someone isn’t feeling well call 911 immediately for it is life threatening.

By taking these precautions you will ensure that everyone in your home is safe. You are breathing clean air that is free of carbon monoxide. It is not something that should be taken lightly, lives have been lost to this deadly poisons gas and many more will be taken, but it doesn’t have to be in your home. The fact that you can’t see, smell, or taste this gas is what gets most, that is why it is so deadly and needs to be addressed now.

Don’t take any chances on the lives of the people you love. Go to your home improvement store and get some of these detectors. Install them and check them on a regular basis just as you would a smoke detector. You are one step closer to making sure your family is safe with the air they are breathing as they sleep peacefully each night. Just like a smoke detector, a carbon monoxide detector can save you and your families live. Don’t wait, get one today.

WARNING: Make sure to use and follow all safety precautions when dealing with tools, power tools, or chemicals to prevent injuries or illnesses.  Also make sure to wear the proper safety clothing to prevent injuries.
 

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Appliance Parts | Blinds | Moving Boxes | Gardner's Supply | OxiClean | Landscaping | Patio Supplies


Online Guide To Choosing Blinds
Orange Glo
LandscapeUSA.com
SafetyZone.com (HSN Improvements, LLC)
Star Decorating